Chinese manufacturing giant, Huawei, is one of the pioneers of the foldable smartphone industry. Samsung and Huawei released the first set of foldable smartphones in the market. However, since the ban on the company by the U.S., Huawei has been quite silent in the smartphone market. According to Ross Young, Huawei as well as Oppo will release foldable smartphones at the end of this year.
Just this month, Huawei launched the Mate X2 Collector’s Edition foldable smartphone. This device comes with 12GB of RAM and 512GB of internal storage. In addition, this device comes with 18,999 yuan ($2974). This smartphone comes with the Kirin 9000 5G chip and supports 11 5G frequency bands. This is consistent with the Huawei Mate 40 Pro 5G network frequency band. It is currently Huawei’s most powerful 5G flagship mobile phone.
Judging from Ross Young’s revelations, after the Mate X2 Collector Edition, Huawei will also launch a new foldable smartphone, possibly Mate X3. Considering the small amount of Kirin 9000 5G chips left, Huawei’s new foldable smartphone may use Qualcomm chips. The company’s latest Huawei P50 uses Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processors.
Gizchina News of the week
It is worth noting that if Huawei’s new foldable smartphone uses Qualcomm chips, it may only support 4G networks. We expect the official launch of this device to take place in December.
HUAWEI Mate X2 specifications
- 6.45-inch (2700 x 1160 pixels) flexible OLED display with 90Hz refresh rate outer display, 8-inch (2480 x 2200 pixels) OLED 8:7.1 display with 90Hz refresh rate when unfolded, DCI-P3 color gamut
- HUAWEI Kirin 9000 5G (1 x Cortex-A77 3.13 GHz + 3 x Cortex-A77 2.54 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 2.05 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G78 MP24 GPU,Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 256GB / 512GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 10 with EMUI 11, HMS
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS, 16MP Ultra Wide Angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2.5cm macro, 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, OIS, 8MP periscope telephoto camera with 10X zoom, up to 100x digital zoom, OIS
- 16MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dual Speakers
- Dimensions: 161.8 x 74.6 (145.8 unfolded) x 4.4 mm to 8.2 mm (unfolded) 13.6 to 14.7 mm (folded); Weight: 295g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual-band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4500mAh (2250mAh x 2 ) battery with 55W SuperCharge
The Mate X2 Collector Edition is the latest foldable smartphone from the Chinese manufacturer.