There are reports that Google will release the first Android 12L Beta version this month. Prior to this, Lenovo Tab P12 Pro took the lead in obtaining the Android 12L developer preview version. This version is presently available for download directly from Lenovo’s official website. According to reports, Android 12L DP1 runs the 2021-11-01 security patch and is “the first large-screen optimized Android operating system. It comes with new APIs for developers to provide a better App experience in landscape mode. It generally offers easier multitasking, system UI optimization, etc.
However, there are many bugs in the first developer preview version. Some of the bugs include the inability to support fingerprints, face unlock, and multi-finger gesture operations on the touchpad. Other bugs that come with this system include
Gizchina News of the week
- Does not support “copy application and data” in OOBE
- Does not support fingerprint unlocking
- Face unlocking may malfunction
- Expunges ToF sensor features
- Does not support the stylus button function, but the basic functions are valid
- Does not support the 2-finger touchpad function
- Swiping the touchpad up/down/left/right with 3 or 4 fingers is inactive
- Does not support Miracast function
- When the forced desktop mode is turned on in the developer menu, it supports wired output (extended screen)
- When the forced desktop mode is turned on in the developer menu, it supports Cast (extended screen) via HDMI;
- It does not support WIDI
Google Android 12L
Google officially announced the Android 12L operating system on October 28. This system is an Android 12 system optimized for tablets and foldable devices. Android 12L will focus on optimizing the system UI for large-screen devices, including notifications, quick settings, lock screen, overview, home screen, etc. Google plans to release the official version of Android 12L in early 2022. The company is striving to get a hold of the next wave of Android 12 tablets, Chromebooks, and foldable devices.
Google’s own Pixel series will get the Android 12L Beta version update that will be available later. The devices that will get the update includes Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6, Pixel 5a (5G version), Pixel 5, Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 4a, Pixel 4, Pixel 3a XL, as well as Pixel 3a.
According to Google’s official release schedule, the Android 12L will have three betas. After the release of the developer’s preview, there will be three betas before the stable version will arrive. The official version will be out in the first quarter of next year. This version will be the AOSP open-source project that is able to release its own Google applications, SDKs, and libraries.