The Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite was officially released in April this year and this smartphone exclusively uses the Snapdragon 870G processor. However, according to popular tech blogger, @DCS, the company is about to release a new version of this smartphone. This new version will change its processor to the Snapdragon 778G. It will also have a new colour option, sunny light white snow colour. Although Xiaomi has exclusivity to this chip, Wang Teng, Xiaomi’s product director claims that the production capacity of the Snapdragon 780G is not enough. This is why Xiaomi has monopolized the chip but can not even retain it.
The Snapdragon 780G is called “Little 888” and it follows the characteristics of the flagship Snapdragon 888 chipset. Specifically, Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G also uses a 5nm process, including a Cortex-A78 core clocked at 2.4GHz, three Cortex-A78 cores clocked at 2.2GHz, and four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 1.9GHz core.
The new Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite (Xiaomi 11 Lite Vitality Edition) is about to debut. The processor will be Snapdragon 778G (based on TSMC’s 6nm process) and uses an eight-core Kryo 670 architecture design. The highest frequency is 2.4GHz, and the GPU is Adreno 642L. As of now, there is no official launch date for this device. All we know is that this smartphone will arrive “soon”.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite specifications
- 6.55-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 wide color gamut, up to 800 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2.3GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 470 CPUs) Snapdragon 732G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP telemacro macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res Audio
- Water-resistant (IP53)
- Dimensions: 160.53 x 75.72 x 6.81mm; Weight: 157g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4250mAh (typical) battery with 33W fast charging
Unfortunately, we do not know whether Xiaomi will change other aspects of this upcoming smartphone. However, as a Vitality Edition, the company will probably only change the chip while other features remains the same. There is also no information on the price of this device. We will have to wait a few more weeks to see what this smartphone will have to offer.