At the Xiaomi spring new product launch conference in March this year, Xiaomi Mi 11 Youth Edition was released. This smartphone is 6.81mm thin and weighs only 159 grams. The slim appearance and light weight of this device are one of the selling points of this smartphone. The Xiaomi Mi 11 Youth Edition is the thinnest 5G smartphone in Xiaomi’s history. Yesterday, the company officially released the Xiaomi Mi 11 Youth Vitality Edition. This smartphone is currently on sale. It is available in two configurations including 8GB + 128GB and 8GB + 256GB. The prices of both models are 1999 yuan ($314) and 2299 yuan ($361).
Compared with Xiaomi Mi 11 Youth Edition, the Mi 11 Youth Vitality Edition has some major changes. The Vitality edition now comes with a Snapdragon 778G SoC. Recall that the regular youth edition uses the Snapdragon 780G processor. Secondly, the Vitality edition has a new white version. Also, the Xiaomi Mi 11 Youth Vitality Edition is slightly lighter than the regular version. While the regular version weighs 159 grams, the Vitality Edition weighs 157 grams. This makes the Vitality Edition the lightest and thinnest 5G smartphone in Xiaomi’s history. Despite its thinness, this smartphone still comes with a 4,250 mAh battery. Furthermore, the Vitality Edition increases the front camera to 20MP from 16MP in the previous version.
In terms of screen, the Xiaomi Mi 11 Youth Vitality Edition uses a 6.55-inch AMOLED flexible straight screen, supports a 90Hz refresh, 240Hz touch sampling rate, has a resolution of 2400×1080 (FHD+). As for image capabilities, the Mi 11 Youth Vitality Edition has a triple rear camera setup which includes a 64MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 5MP macro lens. This device also uses a 20MP lens on the front.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Youth Vitality Edition specifications
- 6.55-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 wide color gamut, up to 800 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (2.4GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res Audio
- Water-resistant (IP53)
- Dimensions: 160.53 x 75.72 x 6.81mm; Weight: 157g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4250mAh (typical) battery with 33W fast charging