The Samsung Galaxy S22 series officially hit the road on February 9. The Galaxy S22 and S22+ come with a second-generation dynamic AMOLED display with a refresh rate of 10~120Hz. However, netizens found that the screen refresh rate parameters in Samsung’s official press release were quietly changed. According to the press release, both the Galaxy S22 and S22+ were changed to a 48~120Hz refresh rate. This has cast a lot of doubts in the minds of potential buyers.
Samsung officially released an announcement to respond to this earlier today. The company claims that the display components on both devices support a 48-120Hz variable refresh rate. However, it uses a proprietary technology that reduces the AP-to-display data transfer rate down to 10Hz. This also reduces the power consumption of the smartphone.
The 10-120Hz variable refresh rate support originally on the spec sheet refers to this proprietary technology. However, the display on the Galaxy S22 and Galaxy S22+ didn’t actually drop to 10Hz. Thus, the specs were later officially updated to match the more widely recognized industry standard.
The Samsung Galaxy S22 series will go on sale globally on February 25. According to the official explanation, the hardware only supports 48-120Hz. Users who are willing to buy should pay attention to this. The Galaxy S22 Ultra comes with a 1-120Hz LTPO 2K screen, and the parameters of the machine have not shrunk.
Samsung Galaxy S22 and Galaxy S22+ specifications
- S22 — 6.1-inch FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 10-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate in Game Mode, up to 1300 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus+ protection
- S22+ — 6.6-inch FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED Display, 10-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate in Game Mode, up to 1750 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus+ protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 2200 processor
- 8GB RAM with 128GB/256GB storage
- Android 12 with One UI 4.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1/1.57″ 1um ISOCELL GN5 sensor, f/1/8 aperture, OIS, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 10MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, OIS, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 10MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Dust and Water-resistant (IP68)
- S22 Dimensions: 146×70.6×7.6mm; Weight: 168g
- S22+ Dimensions: 157.4×75.8×7.6mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 (Wi-Fi 6E in S22+) 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, UWB (S22+ only), GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 3700mAh (S22) / 4500mAh (S22+) battery with support for 25W (S22) / 45W (S22+) fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging, Wireless PowerShare