Samsung Galaxy S22 series has become the most popular high-end flagship in Galaxy history. According to reports out of South Korea, the Samsung Galaxy S22 series sold more than 300,000 units on the day of its first sale in South Korea. Furthermore, after eight days of sales, (February 14 to February 21), the sales exceeded 1.02 million units. This breaks the previous record held by the Samsung Galaxy S8 series. The Galaxy S8 series hit a million units sales in 11 days.
It is worth noting that the Galaxy S22 series is also eye-catching in China. Before the release of the series, Samsung started the S22 series pioneer program, and the first batch of goods was sold out. At present, the Galaxy S22 series has been pre-sold on major e-commerce platforms. In China, the prices of these smartphones are
- Samsung Galaxy S22 (8GB+128GB) – 4,999 yuan ($791)
- Galaxy S22+ (8GB+128GB) – 6,599 yuan ($1,044)
- Galaxy S22 Ultra (12GB+256GB) – 9,699 yuan ($1,534)
In terms of core configuration, the Galaxy S22 Ultra uses a 6.8-inch curved screen. THis smartphone also comes with a 108-megapixel main camera, 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle, 10-megapixel telephoto, and 10-megapixel telephoto camera. It has a quad-camera setup and a battery of 5000 mAh.
Gizchina News of the week
The basic Galaxy S22 comes with a 6.1-inch straight screen with a refresh rate of 120Hz. On the rear, it uses a 50-megapixel main camera as well as a 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle, and a 10-megapixel telephoto. This smartphone uses a triple rear camera setup and supports a 3700 mAh battery.
As for the Samsung Galaxy S22+, this device comes with a 6.6-inch straight screen. In the camera department, it also uses a triple rear camera setup. It has a 50-megapixel main camera as well as a 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle, and a 10-megapixel telephoto. The battery capacity is 4500 mAh.
Samsung Galaxy S22 and Galaxy S22+ specifications
- S22 — 6.1-inch FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 10-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate in Game Mode, up to 1300 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus+ protection
- S22+ — 6.6-inch FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED Display, 10-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate in Game Mode, up to 1750 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus+ protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 2200 processor
- 8GB RAM with 128GB/256GB storage
- Android 12 with One UI 4.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1/1.57″ 1um ISOCELL GN5 sensor, f/1/8 aperture, OIS, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 10MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, OIS, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 10MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Dust and Water resistant (IP68)
- S22 Dimensions: 146×70.6×7.6mm; Weight: 168g
- S22+ Dimensions: 157.4×75.8×7.6mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 (Wi-Fi 6E in S22+) 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, UWB (S22+ only), GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 3700mAh (S22) / 4500mAh (S22+) battery with support for 25W (S22) / 45W (S22+) fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging, Wireless PowerShare