EMUI 12, the most recent version of Huawei’s in-house user interface, will soon be rolling out to the rest of eligible models. Originally presented last summer, the Chinese manufacturer will have been slow to bring it to the first smartphones, since its Huawei Mate 30 Pro, Huawei P40 and Huawei Mate 40 only received it at the start of the year.
Now, Huawei has clarified the European rollout schedule for the HarmonyOS-inspired update, and all eligible smartphones should receive it by late spring. Huawei previously announced that the update was coming by April 2022 to its Huawei P30s, but now we know the exact dates for all other eligible models.
Huawei unveiled the list of all eligible smartphones late last year, but we weren’t sure when those would receive the update. Now the schedule is known, here is when your Huawei smartphone will receive EMUI 12.
- Huawei Mate Xs : deployment completed (end of January 2022)
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro : rollout complete (mid-January 2022)
- Huawei-P40 : rolling out in waves (mid-January 2022)
- Huawei P40 Pro : rolling out in waves (mid-January 2022)
- Huawei P40 Pro+ : rolling out in waves (mid-January 2022)
- Huawei-Mate 40 Pro : rolling out in waves (mid-January 2022)
- Huawei P40 Lite : rolling out in waves (mid-February 2022)
- Huawei P40 Lite 5G : rolling out in waves (late February 2022)
- Huawei-P30 : April 2022
- Huawei P30 Pro : April 2022
- Huawei-Mate 20 : April 2022
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro : April 2022
- Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design : April 2022
- Huawei-Mate X : April 2022
- Huawei Mate 20 X (5G) : April 2022
- Huawei-Nova 5T : April 2022
Huawei EMUI 12
If you have a Huawei Mate Xs or Mate 30 Pro, it should already have received the update. For owners of the Huawei P40 series or the Mate 40 Pro, they shouldn’t wait long to receive it. For the others, it will be necessary to wait until April 2022.
Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei, despite the active promotion of its own operating system Harmony OS 2.0, has last year announced a new EMUI add-on for devices running Android.
The presented user interface is EMUI 12. It is designed using predominantly white, black and blue colors, which, as noted, provides a clean unified look.
There was a function of stepless adjustment of weight and font size: to select the desired display, just move the slider. In addition, there is quick access to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings, as well as audio playback options through the control panel, which can be called up from any screen with a swipe gesture.
Improved security features. In Multi-screen Collaboration mode, you can unlock your smartphone by entering a password on your laptop. The Distributed File System tool makes it easy to view the files in your phone’s memory through your laptop.
The MeeTime Video Call Transfer feature allows you to switch video calls between your smartphone and Huawei Vision smart screen. You can make voice calls and forward messages on your phone through the screen of your tablet.