A few days ago, Redmi held a new product launch conference and launched two new models – Redmi K50 and Redmi K50 Pro. At 10:00 on March 22 (Chinese time), the Redmi K50 Standard Edition and K50 Pro will officially hit the shelves. The starting prices of these devices are 2399 yuan ($377) and 2999 yuan ($472) respectively. In addition, there is also a Redmi K50 Pro 512GB version which will commence sales tomorrow.
The Redmi K50 Pro comes with a 2K flexible straight screen that supports a 120Hz high refresh rate, 16,000-level automatic brightness, DC dimming, HDR10+, etc. The resolution is 3200 x 1440, the PPI is 526, and the peak brightness is as high as 1200nit. It has also obtained DisplayMate A+ certification, breaking 16 direct screen records. This smartphone also comes with a built-in 5000 mAh battery and supports 120W wired fast charging. According to the company, this device can get a full charge in 19 minutes.
The Redmi K50 Pro uses the Dimensity 9000 processor and adopts the 1+3+4 three-cluster Armv9 CPU architecture. The AnTuTu running score is as high as 1.02 million. The average frame rate of “Genshin Impact” running for half an hour at room temperature is 58.7. Also, the maximum temperature of the back panel is only less than 40°C. It can be seen that Redmi’s tuning of the Dimensity 9000 is in place.
In addition, the smartphone uses a rear three-camera combination and is equipped with Xiaomi’s self-developed image chip – Surge C1 chip.
Redmi K50 Pro Specifications
- 6.67″ 2K (3200 x 1440 pixels) OLED screen, with up to 120Hz refresh rate, up to 480Hz touch sampling rate; contrast ratio: 5,000,000:1; Supports Dolby Vision, HDR 10/10+; 16,000 levels of automatic brightness adjustment, up to 1200 nits peak brightness, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Up to 3.05GHz Octa Core Dimensity 9000 4nm processor with Mali-G710 10-core GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB, 8GB / 12GB with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Rear cameras: 108MP Samsung HM2 (1/1.52″ sensor) main sensor, OIS, 8MP ultra-wide lens with 119° FOV, 2MP macro lens and Flicker Sensor; Video recording up to 4K at 30fps
- Front Camera: 20MP Sony IMX596 sensor; Video recording up to 1080p at 30fps
- Dimensions: 163.1 x 76.15 x 8.48 mm; Weight: 201g
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo Dual Speaker, Dolby Atmos
- IR sensor, X-axis linear motors for immersive haptics
- Dual 5G support (n1/ n3/ n5/ n8/ n28a/ n38/ n41/ n77/ n78 bands), Wi-Fi 6 (2.4/5GHz), supports 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.3, Beidou | GPS (L1+L5) |GLONASS | QZSS (L1+L5) | NavIC:L5, NFC
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 120W fast charging support