After abandoning the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus in 2020, then the iPhone 12 Pro and XR after the introduction of the iPhone 13 a few months ago, Apple has decided that a new model will leave its catalog at the end of the year. According to information from leaker @LeaksApplePro, it is the iPhone 11 that should be removed from Apple Stores.
The release of the iPhone 14 in September 2022 would therefore mark the end of one of the manufacturer’s most popular smartphones. So, proposed at $499 on the official site, it was a good alternative to the new models which are sold for a few hundred dollars more. It is especially the iPhone SE 5G 2022 which should benefit from this new abandonment.
Apple iPhone 11 specifications
- 6.1-inch (1792×828 pixels) LCD 326ppi Liquid Retina display
- Six-core A13 Bionic 64-bit processor, 8-core Neural Engine
- 64GB, 128GB,256GB storage options
- iOS 13
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) camera,optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps;Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 2x optical zoom out; digital zoom up to 5x
- 12MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording,Retina Flash; 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120 fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 150.9×75.7×8.3; Weight: 194 grams
- Gigabit-class LTE up to 1.6Gbps, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging, fast charging, up to 17 hours of video playback
Apple will stop selling the iPhone 11 after the launch of the iPhone 14
Although the iPhone 11 does not have an OLED screen and its components are now a few years old; the device has long destabilized sales of the iPhone SE. Indeed, some customers preferred to spend a few extra tens of dollars to enjoy a phone; with a much larger screen and better battery life. As a reminder, the iPhone SE 5G 2022 is still equipped with the same 4.7-inch LCD screen characteristic of the old iPhones.
We know that Apple will sell fewer 5G iPhone SEs than expected in the coming months due to the war in Ukraine, but sales may well pick up once the iPhone 11 is removed from the store. However, we know that Apple will also lower the price of its classic iPhone 12, which could therefore become an interesting new alternative for small budgets. It remains to be seen at what price the iPhone 12 could be offered once the iPhone 14s are announced.