Honor brand has announced a new generation of MagicBook 14 portable computer with a 14-inch diagonal display. It runs the new Intel Alder Lake processors. The screen has a resolution of 2160 × 1440 pixels, 3:2 aspect ratio, 1500:1 contrast ratio and 100% coverage of the sRGB color space. Protection against damage is provided by durable Corning Gorilla Glass.
The maximum configuration of the MagicBook 14 includes a Core i7-12650H processor. This chip combines ten computing cores, including six productive and four energy efficient. Up to 16 instruction streams can be processed simultaneously. The maximum clock speed with Turbo Boost Max 3.0 technology reaches 4.7 GHz.
The MagicBook 14 has an NVIDIA RTX2050 or NVIDIA MX550 graphics accelerator is allowed. The amount of LPDDR5 RAM reaches 16 GB, the capacity of the PCIe 5.0 NVMe solid-state drive is 512 GB.
In addition, the equipment of the MagicBook 14 includes a retractable webcam, backlit keyboard, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax and Bluetooth 5.2 adapters, USB 3.2 Gen2, USB-A 3.2 Gen1, DP1.4 and USB-C ports.
Gizchina News of the week
HONOR MagicBook 14 (2022) specifications
- 14-inch (2160 x 1440 pixels) 3:2 display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 100% sRGB color gamut, up to 300 nits (Typical) brightness, TÜV Rheinland Certified, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2.5GHz (up to 4.5 GHz) Core i5-12500H 12-core with Iris Xe Graphics, NVIDIA RTX2050/ NVIDIA MX550 options / 2.3GHz (up to 4.7GHz) Core i7-12650H 10-core processor with Iris Xe Graphics
- 16GB 4800MHz LPDDR5 dual-channel RAM, 512GB PCIe 5.0 NVMe SSD
- Windows 11 64-bit Home Edition
- 3.5mm audio jack, Fingerprint power button
- Pop-up webcam, Full-sized backlit keyboard, Multi-screen collaboration
- Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, USB 3.2 Gen2 x 2,USB-A 3.2 Gen1 x 1, DP1.4 display output via USB-C
- Dimensions: 307.51×227.56×16.9mm; Weight: About 1.58Kg
- 75Wh battery with up to 16h local video playback, 100W GaN fast charger
Apart from the MagicBook 14, in the smartphone market, Honor, a previous sub-brand of Huawei, continues to gain momentum. According to Counterpoint, in the first quarter of this year in China, Honor took 16.9% of the market, coming in fourth place.
For comparison: a year earlier, Honor occupied only 5.5% of the market. Also, now even Xiaomi is left behind with its 14.9%, and Huawei’s share has fallen from 15% to 6.2% over the year. So, Considering that the shares of other major market players have changed uncritically; it is clear that Honor has pulled over most of Huawei’s customers.
Honor also became the only smartphone maker in China to post both quarterly and year-on-year growth. Including thanks to the popularity of the Honor 60 line. In annual terms, Honor showed an incredible growth of 167%, while the Chinese market as a whole fell by 14%.