Samsung Electronics is set to launch its latest flagship tablet, the Galaxy Tab S9, and new details about it have surfaced online. According to the latest reports, Samsung has responded to customer requests to implement water protection in its flagship tablet models by providing the Galaxy Tab S9 with an IP67 degree of protection. This means that the device can spend no more than half an hour at a depth of no more than one meter, making it water-resistant.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 to Feature IP67 Water Protection
The Galaxy Tab S9 will be the latest addition to Samsung’s flagship Galaxy Tab series, and it marks the company’s next step in the evolution of its tablets. Samsung has previously offered waterproof tablets in its Galaxy Tab Active series, but this feature has been absent from its high-end tablets. Even when Samsung’s foldable smartphones became waterproof, the Galaxy Tab S8 remained without water resistance.
According to SamMobile, the water protection of the Galaxy Tab S9 may still be canceled. However, it seems that Samsung is set to release a waterproof Galaxy Tab S9 series. The release of the Galaxy Tab S9 is expected to take place no earlier than the second half of this year.
Samsung has a history of listening to customer feedback and incorporating it into its products. The inclusion of water protection in the Galaxy Tab S9 is an excellent example of this. SamMobile has a good reputation for sharing information about new Samsung products before their official announcement. It is, therefore, highly likely that the Galaxy Tab S9 will indeed feature IP67 water protection.
Gizchina News of the week
So, the addition of water resistance to the Galaxy Tab S9 will be a significant enhancement to the tablet’s durability and usability. The ability to use the device in wet environments. Such as in the kitchen or on the beach, will be a welcome addition for many users. With the current trend of more people working remotely, the Galaxy Tab S9 could be a valuable tool for those who need to work in different locations.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the current Galaxy Tab S8 series.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 series specifications
- Tab S8 — 11-inch (2560 x 1600 pixels) WQXGA 120Hz LTPS TFT display with up to 500 nits brightness, 276 ppi
- Tab S8+ — 12.7-inch (2800 x 1752 pixels) WQXGA+ 120Hz Super AMOLED display with up to 420 nits brightness, 266 ppi
- Tab S8 Ultra — 14.6-inch (2960 x 1848 pixels) WQXGA+ 120Hz Super AMOLED display with up to 420 nits brightness, 240 ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage. 8GB RAM with 128GB storage / 16GB RAM with 512GB storage (S8 Ultra only). Expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 12 with One UI 4.1
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, 6MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 12MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture, 12MP ultra-wide secondary camera with f/2.2 aperture (Tab S8 Ultra only)
- Galaxy S8 — Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Galaxy S8+ and Ultra— In-display fingerprint scanner
- Quad Stereo speakers with Sound by AKG, Dolby Atmos, 3 microphones
- S Pen with Bluetooth
- Tab S8 Dimensions:253.8×165.3×6.3mm; Weight: 503 (Wi-Fi) / 507g (5G)
- Tab S8+ Dimensions: 285x185x5.7mm; Weight:567g (Wi-Fi) / 572g (5G)
- Tab S8 Ultra Dimensions: 326.4 x 208.6 x 5.5mm; Weight: 726g (Wi-Fi) / 728g (5G)
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS + GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, USB 3.2 Type-C
- Tab S8 — 8,000mAh battery with 45W Fast Charging
- Tab S8+ — 10,090mAh battery with 45W Fast Charging
- Tab S8 Ultra — 11,200mAh battery with 45W Fast Charging
To conclude, Samsung is set to release its new flagship tablet, the Galaxy Tab S9, with IP67 water protection. While there is a chance that the water protection may still be cancelled, it is highly likely that the Galaxy Tab S9 will be waterproof. Also, this is a significant addition to Samsung’s flagship Galaxy Tab series. And marks the company’s next step in the evolution of its tablets. The release of the Galaxy Tab S9 will take place no earlier than the second half of this year. And it will undoubtedly be a highly anticipated product for Samsung fans.