Former OnePlus Exec Will Handle the Release of Nothing Phone (2)

Nothing Phone (2)

With the official tweet from Carl Pei regarding the Nothing Phone (2), it’s quite certain that the phone is not far from release. And there’s no denying that the phone has a similar type of hype around as its predecessor. Moreover, it appears that Carl Pei wants to do whatever it takes to make the phone see a successful launch.

As reported by Inverse, Nothing is now aggressively pouching former OnePlus staff. According to the report, the current software team of Nothing is 70% of the former OnePlus members. On the other hand, 30% of the hardware team is former OnePlus members. And recently, Carl Pei welcomed Kyle Kiang to head up the global launch of Nothing Phone (2).

The Road for Nothing Phone (2) Seems Pretty Clear

Kyle has a good track record. His past success with the deal of OnePlus and T-Mobile showcases how good he is in the field. And in case you missed it, Nothing Phone (2) is expected to touch US soil after launch. That is something the Phone (1) missed out on.

With Kyle handling the Vice President role in North America and leading the phone’s launch, Nothing Phone (2) could become a serious competitor in the market. Perhaps, Carl wants to cater the device to tech enthusiasts, just like what OnePlus did in the past. For that reason, Carl amped up his team by welcoming Kyle Kiang.

Former OnePlus CMO, Kyle Kiang
Former OnePlus CMO, Kyle Kiang

But we will know whether that is the case when the Nothing Phone (2) officially unveils. As of now, the only confirmed spec of the phone is that it will come with Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1. On the other hand, rumors suggest that the device will feature a 6.55-inch AMOLED 120Hz panel and a 50MP main camera. And if the phone indeed comes with the rumored specs, all it will need is the right price to dominate the current flagships.

Disclaimer: We may be compensated by some of the companies whose products we talk about, but our articles and reviews are always our honest opinions. For more details, you can check out our editorial guidelines and learn about how we use affiliate links.

Previous Motorola Razr 40 Ultra foldable phone official promo video revealed
Next Instagram’s New Twitter Competitor Leaked: App Could Launch Next Month