While Apple fans wait with bated breath over the (possible) announcement of an Apple TV, Android fans can start redjoicing as Lenovo has just released details of the world’s first Android ICS smart TV.
While the Lenovo K91 isn’t the first smart TV to make use of Android, this is the first TV to make use of Android 4.0 Ice-cream Sandwich, those other TV’s Google TV OS.
Using Android 4.0 on the Lenovo K91 means that Lenovo have left their TV open to all those great TV streaming and video applications that both your smartphone and Android tablets happily run, whats-more you should also be able to play the latest games on the K91 also.
Lenovo have tweaked the Android ICS os on the K91 Smart TV to include their own ‘Smart UI’ which makes use of the larger screen real estate avaialable to the TV.
The K91 uses a Qualcomm 1.5GHZ Snapdragon CPU to run things, and there is a choice of either a 55″ or 42″ version.
Lenovo K91 Android 4.0 TV Specifications:
- Qualcomm Dual core 1.5G processor
- System Android Ice Cream Sandiwch 4.0
- Video Graphics: FPR 3D, no flicker, no crosstalk
- 55“ or 42″ IPS, LED, 240Hz refresh rate panel
- 1GB RAM
- Hard Disk Drive 8G storage; 2G removable SD card
- Sound SRS TrusurroundHD audio/Dolby/DTS
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n 1*1 connectivity, Ethernet 10M/100M, USB2.0 / HDMI 1.4a
- Camera/Video Built-in 5M camera, support facial recognition and child lock; SD, HD, UHD video content, Up to 2.8M video coding
The K91 will be on show at CES 2012 along with Lenovo’s latest range of ultrabook laptops and Android tablets.