Have an Android device and don’t know how to download or install Android software? Then follow our simple 8 step guide here!
How to Install Android Software
- First you will have to download the Android software or application. You can either download from the Android market (instructions here) or you can download your Android software and apps from alternative sites.
- Transfer the Android software or app to your phone via USB and place in a folder on your SD card.
- Open the Android Market and search for Astro.
- Astro is a file manager, download Astro File Manager for free and install it.
- Once installed open Astro.
- Go to the folder you placed your Android software or application in step 1 (if you downloaded from you Android it will be the folder call “download” or “downloads”).
- If the app ends in .txt or similar, use Astro file manager to change the extension to .apk
- Tap on the the app (a Pop Up should appear) then choose ‘open app manager’
- Tap install (you may get a Pop Up saying its blocked from installing just go to the settings and check the “Unknown Applications”).
If you have any other suggestions on how to install Android software on your Android phone or tablet please let us know in the comments section below.