The Xiaomi Mi4 is fast turning out to be one of our all-time favourites. The phone is handy, powerful and has a great camera, all of which make the recipe for a great smartphone.
If you have an Mi4 in your hands and are wondering if its possible to get root access on the phone, you’re at the right place. In this guide, we’ll tell you how you can root the Xiaomi Mi4 in a couple of minutes! What’s more, since we’ll be using official means, there won’t be any loss of warranty so that’s a big plus as well.
How to root the Xiaomi Mi4[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKnRwulT9wU]
Here’s what you need to do to root the Xiaomi Mi 4:
- Download the developer ROM from here.
- Rename the downloaded file to ‘update.zip’.
- Open the Updater app on your Xiaomi Mi4, hit menu and then reboot to recovery mode.
- Once you’re in recovery, the touchscreen will not work. Use volume buttons for navigation, and the power button to select.
- Select your preferred language (English in our case)
- Wipe cache by going to ‘Wipe and reset’ and then select wipe cache.
- Now, install the ROM we downloaded by selecting ‘Install zip to system one’.
- Once done, reboot.
MUST SEE: Xiaomi Mi 3 vs. Xiaomi Mi4!
Gizchina News of the week
You now have root access on your Xiaomi Mi4! Confirm by going into Security – Permissions. The previously greyed-out option for ‘Root permission’ should now be accessible. In not done already, you can also install Google Play services on your Xiaomi Mi 4 by following the guide here. Let us know how it goes for you!
Get the Xiaomi Mi4 from iBuyGou.com.