I guess you remember the Asus Zenfone AR model, the second smartphone in the world to offer full Google Tango support, after the Lenovo Phab 2 Pro.
The impressive device was officially unveiled back in January during CES 2017 with awesome specs, but so far we had no news on its official launch, price and availability. That is until now, since Google confirmed that the ZenFone AR would be arriving by summer this year!
In case you forgot, the AR model is equipped with 3 cameras on its back (it’s called TriCam technology) and allows for AR/VR features such as motion tracking, measure depth and room mapping. This means that with the help of the appropriate software it can be used to create a virtual 3D mapping of… your own room or house! It comes with quite interesting features as you can see below:
Asus Zenfone AR – Technical Specifications
- 5,7 inch (2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD Super AMOLED display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- 2.3GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 SoC, Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB / 64GB / 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.0)
- microSD slot
- Android 7.0 (Nougat), Zen UI 3.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 23MP main (TriCam) camera, dual-tone LED, Sony IMX318, f / 2.0, 6P Largan lens, 4 axis OIS, 3 axis EIS, Laser AF
- 8MP selfie camera, f / 2.0
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 158,67 x 77,7 x 4,6 ~ 8,95 mm
- Wight: 170 gr.
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac5 GHz 2 × 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3.300 mAh battery – Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Unfortunately we have no information on its price or availability, but we will know more this summer 😉