How many times have you tried unlocking your smartphones while having your hands wet or dirty? I definitely have, always hoping my fingers weren’t wet or dirty enough to fail recognition; of course I didn’t succeed most of the times.
Apparently, Elephone has found a solution for the problem, as we can see in the latest video the uploaded on Youtube.
Elephone say that thanks to the upgraded E-Touch 2.0 technology equipped on the Elephone S8 it’s possible to unlock your smartphone using the fingerprint scanner even when your hands aren’t completely dry. E-Touch 2.0 does, allegedly, feature more advanced algorithms that allow the scanner to sport an higher recognition rate, faster unlocking times and it’s harder to trick, thus more secure.
Elephone suggests to avoid trying the test at home as water might get inside the device and damage it (warranty won’t cover that).
If you’re interested in knowing what other hardware the Elephone S8 packs, here’s the full spec sheet.
- Display: 6.0 inch 2560 x 1440 pixels screen with Corning Gorilla glass
- CPU: Helio X25 Deca Core 2.5GHz
- System: Android 7.1
- Storage: 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM
- Cameras: front 8.0MP + rear 21.0MP with AF and flash light
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Gyroscope, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor
- Features: GPS, A-GPS
- SIM Card: dual SIM dual standby, 1 Nano SIM card + 1 Nano SIM card
- Networks:GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz WCDMA: B1/B8 FDD-LTE: B1/B3/B7/B20 TDD-LTE: B38/B40