A couple of days ago, OnePlus released the Android 8.0 Oreo-based OxygenOS Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus 5. Today, the company is now reportedly rolling out the latest software update – OxygenOS 5.0 for the OnePlus 5, which includes Android 8.0 Oreo update and Android December security patch.
The update which was first announced via Oneplus Forum is about 1587MB in size and may require you to connect to Wi-Fi to be able to download the OTA update.
Outside the update to Android 8.0 Oreo, the latest update comes with the changelog highlighted below:
- Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Optimizations for Shelf
- Now you can upload your photo through Shot on OnePlus
- New Camera UI design
- Optimizations for photo quality
- Added beauty effect for Portrait Mode
- Added “Places” tab for viewing photos on a map
- Added history feature
- Added alarm calendar feature
- Added Parallel Apps feature
- New design for Quick Settings
- New design for Lift up display
- Added “Adaptive model” screen calibration
- Optimizations for Wi-Fi
- Optimizations for Battery Saver
- Updated Android security patch to December
As is always the case, the latest update is currently rolling out to a small percentage of users, a much wider rollout is expected in the coming days.
Announced in June 2017, the Oneplus 5 is Oneplus 2017 flagship device but has since been updated with the release of OnePlus 5T which also boot Android Nougat out of the box.