Games Market’s Revenue To Reach $137.9 Billion By 2018

Games market

Yesterday, Newzoo, the leading provider of market intelligence covering the global games, esports, and mobile markets, released the Global Games Market Report. According to it, 2.3 billion gamers across the globe will spend $137.9 billion on games in 2018. Thus, it will increase by 13.3% year-on-year. At the same time, digital game revenues will take 91% ($125.3 billion) of the global market.

The gaming industry is growing, and the mobile gaming will be the largest segment. As you know, since the first iPhone was released in 2007, this niche has been continuing showing a double-digit growth rate. So it’s quite reasonable why the source claims the mobile gaming market’s revenue will grow by 25.5% year-on-year and reach $70.3 billion. This also means more than half of all game revenues will come from this niche for the first time in the history. The mobile gaming market includes smartphones that will account for 80% ($56.4 billion), while the remaining 20% will come from tablets. In this sense, console gaming is the 2nd largest segment accounting for $34.6 billion. At last, the PC gaming will bring $32.9 billion to the total revenue.

Gizchina News of the week

Games market

At the same time, the report foresees that consumers will spend over $180.1 billion by 2021. If taking into account that global games market’s revenue was $70.6 billion in 2012, it turns out this industry will be increased by 2.5 times. In terms of the mobile gaming market, it is going to become a 100-billion-dollar industry in 2021. Moreover, it will generate 59% of revenues in the entire market.

So it turns out Xiaomi and Nubia have made a quite smart move by launching the Black Shark and Red Dev gaming smartphones, respectively. But their monopoly will not remain for long. It’s expected other top manufacturers will join the party soon.

Previous DBPOWER Gaming Backlit Keyboard on Sale at Amazon
Next Chinese Smartphone Makers Suffer Poor Shipment In Q1 2018