The eMeet OfficeCore M2 is a smart speaker phone coming with AI (artificial intelligence) that we’ve previously covered here at GizChina.
Among its features, what really makes it differ from other options, is the smart LED notifications functionality.
When the feature is activated you can indeed:
- Use the LED to indicate the direction from where the person is talking, so you can figure out whether your sound is picked up or not.
- When you want to check battery levels, short press the power button and the LED will turn green to display how much battery you have left.
- When you mute microphone array, LED turns red immediately to show the status of the microphone.
- When you increase or decrease the volume, the LEDs will display the amount of volume currently set on the device.
- There’s an “humanized interactive experience LED feature”, which makes the product feel somewhat emotional.
Compared to the previous generation eMeet OfficeCore M1, the M2 comes with various new features:
- AUX IN: 3.5mm aux audio in, can connect smartphone’s earphone jack; can link traditional telephone to make telephone be a smartphone conference speaker.
- AUX OUT: 3.5mm aux audio out, can link high-power loudspeaker box to make more powerful sound
- Touch button: Good design, business style
Meanwhile other improvements include:
- Powerful sound output increased by 300%
- Microphone pick-up distance increased by 150%
- AI algorithm for noise suppression and echo cancellation increased by 200%
- Full duplex calling effect increased by 180%, which is the first Full Duplex speakerphone, for something like online phone calls
- Touch buttons experience increase 150%
The OfficeCore M2 is also expected to feature a multi-party conference mode, but it’ll only be available later on.
If you have missed our article on the eMeet OfficeCore M2 launch, then here are all the main specifications:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) speakerphone, makes meeting simple.
- Bluetooth Chip: Qualcomm CSR 8670 Same as HarmanKardon/B&O. The CSR8670 SoC is an audio system-on-chip (SoC) solution with wireless connectivity, embedded flash memory and integrated capacitive touch sensors, enabling the creation of feature rich home entertainment and wearable audio products with a highly compelling user experience and superior audio performance.
- Digital Signal Processing Chip: Same as SONY Walkman. A range of xCORE real-time, flexible, 32bit multicore microcontrollers and audio processors and Built-in AI algorithm
- MEMS Microphone: ST XMOS Same as iPhone. Best-in-class acoustic overload point (AOP) and signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) makes ST’s MEMS microphones suitable for applications that require a very high dynamic range, improving audio experience in every environment.
- VoiceIA™ Algorithm, based on artificial intelligence technology DNN(Deep Neural Network)
- Longer pickup-sound distance, matching with high sensitive MEMS digital Microphone Array can up to 26~33ft distance
- 4 Microphone Array, AI Positioning
- Compatible with Multi Platforms like：Skype, Avaya, Gizmo Project, Wechat, Google Gtalk and many more, and compatible with most digital assistant (Siri, Cortana or Google Now)
- Design inspiration comes from UFO Cooperate with inDare
- Design team who have got many iF Design awards,reddot awards ,IDEA awards
The Office eMeet M2 is also certified from various organizations such as CE ,FCC, ROHS, Bluetooth BQB, IC, SRRC,C-tick and Battery certification: CB,UN38.3. The device will be available on Amazon starting on June 4th at the price of $209.