Months after releasing the Xiaomi Mi 6X Red color edition in China, Xiaomi India has today announced that the Xiaomi Mi A2 which is the India variant of the Mi 6X will soon be made available in Red color in India. Breaking the news on Twitter, Xiaomi India says the Xiaomi Mi A2 Red color edition will go on sale in India tomorrow September 20 via Mi.com and on Amazon.in at Rs. 16,999/ $235.
Nothing changes, not even the price, the Mi A2 Red color edition remains the same as the Mi A2, except that the new color variant has ditched the white bezel for a black bezel on the front.
Xiaomi Mi A2 specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 1500:1 Contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, EIS, 20MP secondary camera with Sony IMX376 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels soft LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 158.7×75.4×7.3mm; Weight: 168g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3010mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
The new Xiaomi Mi A2 Red color edition is the fourth color option available for the Mi A2, after the launch of the device in Black, Gold and Blue color options. The Mi A2 is currently available in India via Mi.com and Amazon.in in 4GB RAM/ 64GB storage variant and is priced at Rs. 16,999, while the 6GB RAM/ 128GB storage is yet to find its way to the Indian market.