Pansonic has just unveiled two flagship smartphones specifically for the Indian market as promised. Dubbed the Panasonic Eluga X1 and Eluga X1 pro, the two flagship devices are probably the firm first devices to feature the display notch. Both devices are essentially the same featuring the same design made of stainless steel frame with a glossy finish as well as similar hardware.
While the Eluga X1 make do with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, the Pro variant got a 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Outside the trendy 19:9 notch-style display, a major feature that set the all-new Eluga X1 apart from its pro variant is the Eluga X1 pro support for wireless charging, as well as the lack of a 3.5mm headphone jack, other than that, both smartphones are pretty much much the same.
Both devices feature a 16MP + 5MP AI dual rear cameras, a 16MP single front camera laced with AI auto scene detection, AI slow mode, AI beauty mode, as well as a new feature that enables users creates digital avatars called Facemoji. The device houses a rear fingerprint sensor for authentication, however, it also supports IR sensor, so using the face unlock function in the dark is still very much possible.
Powered by a 3,000mAh battery with support for wireless charging(only for the X1 Pro), the Eluga X1 and Eluag X1 Pro both flaunt a Corning Gorilla glass protected 6.18-inch full HD+ display with a 19:9 aspect ratio, a screen notch, and a 2246 x 1080 pixel resolution. Under the hood, both devices are powered by a 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio P60 processor coupled with the Mali-G72 MP3 GPU, 6GB RAM + 128GB onboard storage for the Eluga X1 Pro and 4GB RAM + 64GB onboard storage for the standard variant.
Panasonic Eluga X1 and X1 Pro Specifications:
- 6.18-inch (1080 x 2246 pixels) Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.0GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor with 800MHz ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- Eluga X1: 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, Eluga X1 Pro: 6GB RAM and 128GB,
- expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 16-megapixel rear camera, a 5-megapixel secondary camera with scene recognition technology
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, IR Face unlock
- Dimensions: 155×75.5×7.85mm; Weight: 195g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ A-GPS
- 3000mAh battery with wireless charging (only on X1 Pro)
Set to go on sale in India from October 10, both devices will hit the retail stores in Silver and Grey options at Rs 23,000/ $312 for the X1 and Rs 27,000/ $366 for the Pro variant.