The Honor Play 8A started surfacing in rumors and leaks a few weeks ago. The device has since been listed on Vmall for pre-order, but now, the maker has just officially unwrapped the device. While we had expected it to arrive as the Honor 8A, the maker chooses to debut the device as the Honor Play 8A, so it safe to assume it is targeting the Mi Play from Xiaomi Mi Play announced recently.
Much like the predecessor, the Honor Play 8A is targeted at the low-income earner but packs some impressive specs that won’t disappoint. Painted in Blue, Red, Gold and Black colors, the Honor Paly 8A houses the latest MediaTek Helio P35 12nm SoC under the hood, assisted by 3GB RAM with 32GB and 64GB storage. It comes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots for up to 512GB expansion and packs a 3000mAh battery.
The major drawback of the device is the lack of a fingerprint sensor, but not to worry, it has a face unlock that can scan 1024 facial points. And talking of cameras, make do with a 13-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, and an 8-megapixel front camera.
Honor Play 8A specifications
- 6-inch (1560 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.3GHz Octa-Core (ARM Cortex A53) MediaTek Helio P35 12nm Processor with 680 MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 156.28×73.5×8.0mm; Weight: 150g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh (Typical) / 2920mAh (Minimum) battery
The Honor Play 8A will go on sale starting January 9, priced at 799 yuan /US$ 116 for the base variant, and 999 yuan /US$ 145