Just as we keenly await its APEX 2019 to arrive in the coming weeks, phone maker VIVO has again bolstered its lower-level range with the silent introduction of the VIVO Y89 in China earlier today.
The device has a tall-aspect 18:9 with a notched 6.26″ LCD FHD+ display, while it gets the dated Snapdragon 626 SoC mated with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable internal storage.
Coated with a pretty black and blue/purple paint job, the VIVO Y89 is adorned at the back with a dual 16MP+2MP camera setup and a fingerprint reader, while a lone 16MP camera sits within the larger notch above the display. It is embedded with a 3,260 mAh battery, while it sadly boot Oreo out of the box.
vivo Y89 Specifications
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 octa-core processor
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB of RAM
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ IPS Display; 1080 x 2280 resolution, 400 ppi
- 64GB of expandable storage
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- 16-megapixel f/2.0 + 2-megapixel rear camera, phase detection autofocus, 4K video, LED flash
- 16-megapixel f/2.0 front camera, f/2.0 aperture, AI beautification, Softlight flash
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Fingerprint scanner
- Facial recognition
- 3260mAh battery
- Android Oreo 8.1 with FunTouch OS 4.0
The VIVO Y89 is right now on sale on Aliexpress and is tipped to start shipping within two days with a retail price of $266.