Samsung’s latest Galaxy M series could soon be heading to other markets from out of India where it just went on sale, so it is now more or less certain it won’t be an Indian exclusive Galaxy series. According to a report on Gsmarena, a couple of online retailers will be selling the Galaxy M20 in the Indonesian market, but we are not sure if the entry-level Galaxy M10 will come to the market too.
The report has it that both JD Indonesia and Lazada have published landing page for the Galaxy M20, with the former having a live countdown timer leading up to February 14, while the timer on Lazada suggest the device could be available on the platform on February 13th.
Both landing pages tout the M20’s huge battery, Infinity-V display, and its dual cameras, so it isn’t certain what the fate of the Galaxy M10 is in the Indonesian market.
Samsung introduced the new Galaxy M series in India back in January. The series, for now, comprises of two similar devices – the Galaxy M20 and Galaxy M10. The Galaxy M20 is obviously the most capable of the duo – flaunting a larger 6.3-inch FHD+ infinity-V display with the latest Exynos 7904 octa-core 14nm processor under its hood, while Galaxy M10 has a smaller 6.2-inch HD+ infinity-V display with the Exynos 7870 14nm octa-core processor. Both come with Widevine L1 certification for seamless streaming of HD content through popular apps. These run Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Samsung Experience version 9.5 UX out the box but will be updated to Android 9 later in August according to Samsungs schedule for Pie update.
Samsung Galaxy M20 Specifications
- 6.3-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ TFT 19.5:9 TFT display
- Octa-Core Exynos 7904 14nm processor with Mali-G71 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Samsung Experience 9.5
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture, 5MP ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimension:156.4 x 74.5 x8.8mm; Weight: 186g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery with fast charging
Both devices are only available in India right now but is about now heading to Indonesia and probably other countries in the coming days.