At its MWC19 event earlier today in Barcelona, HMD global not only announced the flagship Nokia 9 PureView, but also a slew of smartphones including the Nokia 1 Plus – which is the most basic of the bunch. While others are targeted at the budget buyers, the new Nokia 1 Plus is targeted at first-time users seeking low-cost devices.
As its name suggests, the Nokia 1 Plus is a larger variant of the Nokia 1 that was launched about a year ago featuring a refreshed designed and look. The device not only packs a bigger 5.45-inch IPS LCD 960×480 display but also now brighter than that of the Nokia 1. Under its hood is the MediaTek MT6739 chipset coupled with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage, while it boots Android 9 Pie, Go Edition out of the box.
Rounding out the specs is its 2,500 mAh removable battery, a 5MP front-facing shooter and an 8MP rear camera.
Nokia 1 Plus specs
- 5.45-inch IPS display with 18:9 aspect ratio
- 8-megapixel rear camera with autofocus
- 5-megapixel front camera with beautification mode for selfies
- Polycarbonate body with 3D Nano textured pattern
- Runs Android 9 Pie, Go Edition
- Micro-USB for charging and file transfer
- 1.5GHz quad-core MT6739WW processor
- 8GB or 16GB of storage
- 1GB of RAM
- 2,500-mAh battery
- Blue and red color options
Nokia 1 Plus Pricing and Availability
The Nokia 1 Plus will hit the shelves later in early March in Black, Red, and Blue color options and will be priced at $99.