Xiaomi is one of the companies that have a good relationship with their users, who through the dedicated forum have the opportunity to interact with the developers of MIUI, the customized interface available in Chinese or global version.
Through a post published on the official forum, the Chinese company has announced some of the software novelties that will be included in the next software updates, others that are under development as well as some suggestions that are still under evaluation by the development team.
Some new features are already available in the Chinese ROM and are about to arrive in the global version, others will arrive very soon. So let’s start from the list of new features that are being adopted in the ROM of Xiaomi, even if the complete list is much more biger and can be consulted via the link at the end of the article.
- Ability to view the lock screen after unlocking without immediately entering to the Home page.
- New sound effects
- Advanced Dolby effects
- Face unlock and fingerprint scanner to work simultaneously
- Optimization of the energy saving function
- Activation of the screen with voice commands
- Screen wake-up using voice commands
- Support for album privacy for videos
- Dark mode
- Refresh function for the App Store interface
- Display of the recharge status in the information screen
Gizchina News of the week
This instead is the list of innovations under development, which we will see over the next few months on MIUI.
- Automatic deletion of the apk file after installing the app
- Local recycle bin for photos albums
- Support for photos crop in 18: 9
- Reduction of false touches
- Optimized App permission management
- Better voice-activated shutter function
- Child mode
- Stereo Bluetooth in games
- Display of emergency contacts in the unlock screen
- New animation for recharging
- Refresh of the unlock screen
Also in this case other features are coming, many of which however are more interesting for Chinese users. Instead, let’s look at the functions that are still under evaluation and may never arrive in the next versions of MIUI.
- Possibility to set the default SIM for each contact
- New colors for the interface
- Button postpone in reminders
- Display of consumption in hotspot mode
- Greater integration with third-party payment services
You can consult the complete list by visiting this page, activating the translation from the Chinese and remembering that some terms could be translated inaccurately.
finially dark mode 😁
Yeah; want “Dark Mode” badly !!!
I never understand the madness about a dark mode
For AMOLED displays, dark mode means improved looks and even more optimised battery consumption.
I hope it’s correct.
I strongly suggest to make (fix) the stabilization better . Its the weakest point of Mi 9 IMO.
I had dark mode from the first use, looks good but it just feels wierd when you’re used to a white background, for now I’m not a fan but I’ll probably I’ll use it in case of needing to save battery.
why does not the carrier aggregation 800 + 1800 work?