Samsung India has announced the expansion of its smartphones lineup in the country with the release of the Galaxy A20 earlier today. First announced last month in Russia, the Galaxy A20 joins the likes of the Galaxy A10, Galaxy A30, and Galaxy A50 smartphones in the Samsung’s India portfolio where it will slug it out with the like of the Realme U1 and the Redmi Note 7.
Available in a single 3GB + 32GB storage variant and in Black, Blue, and Red color options, the Galaxy A20 is priced at $180/Rs. 12490 and is tipped to go on sale from April 10, 2019, through Samsung e-Store, Samsung Opera House, leading e-commerce portals and retail stores across the country.
Samsung Galaxy A20 Specifications
- 6.4-inch (1560 × 720 pixels) HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-V display
- Octa-Core Exynos 7884 (Dual 1.6 GHz + Hexa 1.35 GHz) processor
- 3GB RAM, 32GB Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung One UI
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture, 5MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimension:158.4 x 74.7 x 7.8mm
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4,000mAh battery with 15W fast charging
The GalaxyA20 is fronted by a 6.4-inch HD+ Infinity-V Super AMOLED display, while it is made of a 3D Glasstic design, which perhaps is Sammy’s term for a glass and plastic combo design. There is a dual camera setup with LED flash as well as a fingerprint scanner on the rear, while it gets the same SoC as the A10 – the Exynos 7884 SoC coupled with 3GB RAM and 32GB of storage expandable up to 512GB using MicroSD card.