Rumors time for the Honor 8S is now over: the smartphone, in fact, was officially launched in Russia. It is an entry-level model that can count on small dimensions (147.13 x 70.78 x 8.45 mm) and a polycarbonate body, thanks to which the overall weight of the device reaches 146 grams.
Equipped with a 5.71 inch display with a drop notch, HD + resolution (1,520 x 720 pixels) and Eye Protection Mode technology, Honor 8S is powered by a MediaTek Helio A22 processor and boasts 2GB of RAM, 32 GB of built-in memory (with the possibility of expansion via MicroSD), a 13 megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture and a 5 megapixel front camera, a 3020mAh battery and Android 9 Pie with EMUI 9 interface.
The fingerprint reader is missing but there is a face scan system in 2D at 1024 points that works even in low light conditions.
Gizchina News of the week
HONOR 8S specifications
- 5.71-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 curved glass display
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 147.13 × 70.78 × 8.45mm; Weight: 146g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, dual microphones
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3020mAh battery