Oneplus 2019 flagship smartphone is finally here, and like in the previous years, there are no major surprises/secrets left as virtually all major leaks and rumors predating today turn out real. In a sharp deviation from its previous year’s tradition, Oneplus today announced two variants of its flagship smartphone – the Oneplus 7 and Oneplus 7 Pro. As expected, the OP7 is the most basic of the duo set to hit the market later in June, while the real deal breaker – the OnePlus 7 Pro will hit the shelves Worldwide later this week.
Speaking of the Oneplus 7 Pro, the device isnt really intriguing no wonders Oneplus has shifted its actual release till sometime in June. The device retains the actual look of last year iterative Oneplus 6T featuring a “teardrop”-style notch cutout, as well as the flat 6.41” Optic AMOLED display with 1080p+ resolution. While the device gets some noteworthy addition, the Oneplus 7 isn’t really our focus here. You can find more about the Oneplus 7 here, while we dwell more on the pro variant.
The Oneplus 7 Pro is the Chinese firm real attempt at giving its customers a top-of-the-line phone at a reasonable price that’s still less expensive than the cheapest flagship offering from Apple and Samsung – the iPhone XR and Galaxy S10E. While the 7 pro brings a number of first features for Oneplus, its display is perhaps the biggest talking point. With the Oneplus 7 Pro, Oneplus is joining the league of Chinese phone maker with a truly full-screen smartphone not obstructed by a notch or other screen cutout for a front camera. The OP7 Pro packs a 6.5-inch curved AMOLED display with minute bezel and a crisp 1,440-pixel resolution which makes it the first device from the company to feature a resolution past the 1080p mark.
The Oneplus 7 Pro gets an optical fingerprint scanner which works better and faster than the scanner that was in the 6T, and what is more, the display refresh rate at 90 times per second which is about 50% faster than what you find in a typical smartphone, and lastly, the display supports HDR10 and HDR10+ without the Dolby Vision.
For selfies, the Oneplus 7 Pro gets a 16MP front-facing camera embedded into the phone via a pop-up mechanism which says that the elevating mechanism has been tested over 300,000 times, and that means about 150 times per day for over five and a half years.
On the flip side, the device has tri-camera setup comprising of a 48-megapixel main sensor with a bright f/1.6 aperture, OIS and EIS, a 16-megapixel ultra-wide camera, and an 8-megapixel telephoto camera.
Under the hood, the OP7 Pro gets the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor with DDR4X memory, UFS 3.0 storage, a new liquid cooling system and will be offered in three models – a 6GB RAM / 128GB storage model, 8GB /256GB, and 12GB / 512GB models. It is fitted with a capable 4000mAh battery with Warp charge, but no wireless charging, and the downside, the OP7 Pro doesn’t have IP ratings but has the basic rating for protection against splash.
OnePlus 7 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio Fluid AMOLED display with 516PPI, 90Hz refresh rate, sRGB color gamut, DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR10, 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.0) storage, 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with OxygenOS 9.5
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Dual LED Flash, 7P lens, f/1.6 aperture, 1/2.25″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, OIS, EIS, 8MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0 μm pixel size, OIS, 3x zoom, 16MP 117° Ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 162.6×75.9×8.8 mm; Weight: 206g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Warp Charge 30 Fast Charging (5V/6A)
Available in Nebula Blue, Mirror Gray, and Almond color options, the OP7 is priced at $670, $700, and $750 for the 6GB, 8GB and 12GB RAM version in that order.