OPPO has just expanded its mid-range portfolio with the release of the OPPO K3 following a couple of leaks and teasers from the past weeks. The design looks somewhat similar to the recently launched OPPO Reno series, but come at a more affordable price tag.
Coated with Nebula Purple, Green and White colors, the OPPO K3 features a 3D curved glass body with a metal mid-frame, and on the front, the device gets a Samsung AMOLED display which the maker claims has been certified by Germany’s TUV Rheinland for eye protection. The display is actually a 6.5-inch FHD+ display with 1080×2340 pixels resolutions With 91.1% screen-to-body ratio, and a DC dimming feature.
The most obvious selling point of the device is its pop-up selfie camera module that is fitted with a 16-megapixel sensor, as well as the pop-up camera module which OPPO claims has a life of five years and could pop out in a matter of 0.74 seconds.On the flip side, the K3 gets a twin camera setup with a 16-megapixel primary sensor and a 2-megapixel secondary, depth sensor.
OPPO K3 specifications
- 6.5-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB UFS 2.1 storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 2.1 storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ColorOS 6.0
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, 2MP secondary camera
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 161.2×76.0×9.4mm;Weight: 191g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3765mAh (typical) / 3680mAh (Minimum) battery with VOOC 3.0 fast charging (5V/4A)
Powering the OPPO K3 is the Snapdragon 710 SoC coupled with up to 8GB RAM option, and what is more, it has the GameBoost 2.0 that brings Frame Boost and Touch Boost features to enhance your gaming experience. The device boots Android Pie with Color OS 6.0 out of the box, while a 3,765mAh battery Oppo’s VOOC 3.0 fast chargin technology completes the specs sheet.
The device is expected to go on sale in China from June 1st and the top-end 8GB + 256GB version will be available mid-June. See detail pricing below.
The OPPO K3 in China is priced at:
• 6GB + 64GB: CNY 1,599 / $230
• 8GB + 128GB: CNY 1,899/ $274
• 8GB + 256GB: CNY 2,299/ $332