Following several leaks and teasers, VIVO today announced a mid-range smartphone which marks a shift from the notch and pop-up designs found inmost of its recent smartphones. Welcome the VIVO Z5x – VIVO’s latest mid-ranger and the first ever VIVO phone to adopt the punch-hole design. The device has been announced in China today, and asides from the Punch-hole design, it is a pure mid-range device packed with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 710 processor, an edge-to-edge screen, and a triple primary camera setup at the rear.
The Vivo Z5x is fronted by a 6.53-inch full HD+ display with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and a screen-to-body ratio of 90.77 percent. The display runs from edge to edge with a punch-hole cutout for the selfie camera, and of course reasonably thin bezels all around. Around the back, you will find a a glossy finish poly-carbonate panel fitted with a triple camera setup consisting of a 16MP primary sensor with f/1.78 aperture, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture, and a 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, while a familiar 16MP camera with f/2.0 aperture is fitted into the punch-hole for selfies. Also visible at the rear panel is a fingerprint sensor, so this device does not come with the in-display fingerprint option.
While the VIVO Z3x has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 at the helm, the Z5X opted for the 10nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 SoC featuring the Kryo 360 CPU, Adreno 616 GPU, and what is mor, the VIVO Z5X gets performance enhancing features like Multi Turbo, AI Turbo, Cooling Turbo, Game Turbo and more to deliver an immersive gaming experience. You can pick up the device in 4GB + 64GB, 6GB + 64GB, 6GB + 128GB, and 8GB + 128GB options.
Notably, the device is powered by a 5,000mAh battery with support for Dual-Engine 18W fast charging, and will boot Android 9.0 Pie with FunTouch OS 9.0 out of the box .4
Vivo Z5x specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 LCD screen
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 9 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.78 aperture LED flash, 8-megapixel 120° wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2-megapixel camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 162.39 x 77.33 x 8.85 mm; Weight: 204g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
Pre-order begins tomorrow , while it is tipped to go on sales from June 1st at CNY 1398/$200, CNY 1498/ $216, and CNY 1698/ $246 for the 4GB + 64GB, 6GB+64GB, and 6GB+128GB variants respectively. The variant with 8GB + 128GB will go for CNY 1998/ $289.