According to netizens’ feedback, Xiaomi Mi 9 is currently receiving the MIUI V10.2.27.0.PFACNXM stable version update which adds global DC dimming to this smartphone. Xiaomi’s new DC dimming solution uses a fixed brightness mode switching node which integrates Xiaomi’s self-developing algorithm to add a “true hardware” DC dimming solution in the driver IC of the OLED screen. Xiaomi Mi 9 can now get this update which also brings anti-flicker mode and weighs 260MB.
- Optimize the lock screen to prevent accidental touch and avoiding screen misoperation
- Update Google Security Patch (2019#5) to improve system security
Lock screen, status bar, notification bar
- Fixed an issue associated with unlocking into the horizontal screen interface
- Fixed a bug affecting the information screen setting page, double clock preview image number folding problem
- Fixed the problem affecting the fingerprint shortcut function – It can now be opened normally when the screen is horizontal
- Improves fingerprint unlock success rate
- Fixed the inability of the screen light to come up during a call on the lock screen
- Fixed the problem live wallpaper on lock screen
- Adds anti-blink mode and global DC dimming
According to Xiaomi product director, Wang Teng, there are currently three DC dimming hardware solutions:
1. Fix the screen dimming level to the brightness mode switching node to ensure that the screen PWM dimming mechanism is not triggered. Then use the Qualcomm platform’s pcc+dither scheme to compress the color data output to the screen while ensuring the screen display effect remains stable. The gray scale value achieves the effect of reducing the brightness.
2. Fix the screen dimming level to the brightness mode switching node to ensure that the screen PWM dimming mechanism is not triggered. Then modify the alpha channel in the HWC hardware module, by adding a mask +dither solution with adjustable transparency, compressing the color grayscale value output to the screen to reduce the brightness of the screen
3. Fix the screen dimming level to the brightness mode switching node to ensure that the screen PWM dimming mechanism is not triggered. A third-party display chip is used while ensuring that the display effect is stable.