ZTE, back at the MWC in February was one of the first few to throw its hat in the 5G ring with the announcement of the Axon 10 Pro 5G and was set to hit the shelves in the first half of 2019. The device has since gone on sale in Europe, and now it appears it is on track to hit the shelves in China.
Following the issuance of the 5G licenses in Chian days ago, report says ZTE is seemingly now in touch with China Telecom, China Mobile, and China Unicorn for the launch of the ZTE Axon 10 Pro 5G in China, and while no mention of a precise date, the same report says the device looks set to arrive in China sometime in July 2019. The ZTE Axon 10 Pro 5G is priced at about €899 in Finland, a much lower price tag is expected for the Chinese version of the Axon 10 Pro 5G.
The Axon 10 Pro 5G is the sequel to last year’s Axon 9 Pro, it ditches the iPhone X-sized notch for a water-drop type notch, drops the rear fingerprint scanner for an in-display sensor, while a triple-camera system featuring a 20MP wide-angle and 8MP ultra-wide angle lenses in addition to the48MP main shooter has replaced the dual cam on the Axon 9 Pro.
The display is a large 6.47-inch 2340 x 1080 AMOLED display with the Snapdragon 855 processor as well as Qualcomm’s X50 5G modem under the hood. The device gets 12GB of RAM coupled with 128GB of storage, though there a 4G variant that gets only 6GB of RAM.
ZTE Axon 10 Pro 5G specifications
- 6.47-inch Full HD+ (1080 x 2340pixels) AMOLED display with
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU with Snapdragon X50 5G modem
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1/2.0″ sensor, 0.8µm pixel slz, OIS, PDAF, 20MP 125° Ultra Wide sensor, 8MP telephoto lens
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-Display Fingerprint Sensor
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 73.4 x 7.9 mm;
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging, wireless charging