Apple slightly increases iPhone production due to Huawei’s problems


Rate this post

Apple seems to have reacted to the Huawei Ban by slightly increasing the production of the iPhone. The indiscretion comes from the analysis company Cowen, which has published a note for investors brought to the attention of our AppleInsider colleagues.

According to Cowen’s analysis, it seems that Apple has seen a slight increase in iPhone demand in some markets due to the difficulties encountered by the competitor, which is why it would have increased orders for the current quarter of about 1 million units. The units shipped should, therefore, increase from 39 to 40 million.

iPhone XS

Cowen claims that about 75% of the models produced belong to the 2018 generation, so it consists of the iPhone XS, XS Max and XR – without specifying the proportions between the various devices – while the remaining 25% is divided between the iPhone 7 and iPhone 8. To top it off, Cowen points out that Apple cannot yet be considered safe, since US duties could hit its business in a very problematic way, should they enter into force.

It is worth to mention that Jonathan Ive, Apple’s design director has decided to leave Apple, putting an end to its career of 27 years along which he has participated in the development of some of the most iconic products of the company.

Source/Via :

appleinsider

Previous Huawei P30 Pro build material cost $364 - Only 0.9% US
Next Realme X Spiderman Edition debuts in China