Huawei Mate X, the first foldable smartphone with a flexible display of the Chinese giant, should have been put on the market since June, but has been postponed. It is not clear exactly why: the period for Huawei is difficult, and it is likely that it had a certain weight, but the statements of the company suggest that, like the rival Samsung Galaxy Fold, the device was not yet fully ready, and that Huawei did not want to put a product on the market that affected its reputation.
Huawei has already guaranteed that Mate X will arrive by September and now, a new poster has been leaked on Weibo, revealing the Chinese store side promotional poster of the Huawei Mate X, which also indicates that the company will soon put this phone on sale in the home ground.
It is worth to mention that at the launch of Huawei Nova 5 series. President of Huawei’s Product Division, He Gang, said in an interview that Huawei Mate X will go on sale by the end of July or early August in China.
Huawei Mate X specifications
- 6.6-inch (2480 x 1148 pixels) 19.5:9 OLED display when folded, 6.38-inch (2480 x 892 pixels) OLED 25:9 display for back panel, 8-inch (2480 x 2200 pixels) OLED 8:7.1 display when unfolded
- HUAWEI Kirin 980 (2 x Cortex A76 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex A76 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex A55 1.8 GHz) processor with 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU, Balong 5000 5G modem
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.1.1
- 40MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 16MP Ultra Wide Angle lens, 8MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / NM card)
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dual Speakers
- Dimensions: 161.3 x 78.3 (146.2 unfolded) x 5.4-11mm; Weight: 295g
- 5G Multi-mode,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) (wave2), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C (GEN1)
- 4500 mAh (typical) battery with 55W SuperCharge
The Huawei Mate X comes in Interstellar Blue color at a price of 2299 Euros (about $2607).