Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, is getting ready to release the first smartphone with a 64MP camera. The vice president and general manager of Redmi brand, Lu Weibing, recently gave a brief summary of what to expect from the 64MP sensor. According to him,
- The 64MP ultra-high pixels have a resolution of 9248 × 6936. This means that its optical information is 34% better than a 48MP sensor.
- This sensor can avoid a large image format to create more space. Even if the picture is cut into six, each one is greater than 4K resolution.
- The 64MP ultra-high pixels sensor do not need a telephoto lens. It can directly get a near-perfect optical zoom effect.
- It has a synthesize 1.6μm large pixels. Thus it can freely switch between ultra-high pixels and super-large pixels.
- The 64MP sensor relies on 1/1.7-inch photosensitive components. This remains the largest mobile phone camera sensor on the market.
According to Lu Weibing, this sensor will arrive with the upcoming Redmi Note 8 series. This series has at least two smartphones which include Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro. The official release conference will take place on August 29. This device is definitely worth looking forward to.