During the release of OnePlus 7T Pro, the Chinese firm disclosed their plans for updating OnePlus 5/5T, 6 and 6T smartphones to Android 10. Today, the company started to roll out the Android 10 Open Beta 1 to the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T.
The Android 10 Open Beta 1 introduces the new redesigned interface as well as location permissions for the last year’s models. Besides, the update brings full gesture controls and Game Space. The latter feature offers quick access to all your games and options like Fnatic Mode and Graphic Optimization in one place.
Gizchina News of the week
OnePlus 6 and 6T Android 10-based OxygenOS Open Beta 1 changelog:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full-Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
If you own any of these devices and are enrolled in the beta program, the update will reach your device via OTA. Worth noting that this update will only reach the unlocked variants of OnePlus 6 and 6T. Take in mind that this open beta isn’t stable as a standard update, so install it by your own risk.