Realme has today unveiled its new mid-range smartphone, the Realme X50 5G. This one is equipped with a Snapdragon 765G chip which natively supports 5G, but also with a screen with a refresh rate of 120 Hz.
As expected, Realme presented this Tuesday in China its mid-range smartphone compatible with 5G, the Realme X50 5G. It is the first smartphone of the brand to embed the new SoC Snapdragon 765G from Qualcomm, announced last month.
As its name suggests, this new Realme X5 5G comes to succeed the previous two X2 and X2 Pro. But this time, it incorporates a mid-range chip and not a High-end SoC as on the Realme X2 Pro. However, that doesn’t stop it from taking advantage of some more premium features. This is particularly the case for the screen refresh rate which was 90 Hz on the Realme X2 Pro and goes to 120 Hz on the Realme X50 5G.
Still, on the subject of the screen, it is a 6.57 inch LCD panel in 20:9 format and with a definition of 2400×1080. Unlike the Realme X2 Pro, there is no notch at the top of the screen, but a double punch to integrate two cameras for selfies. The main sensor is a 16MP (f/2.0) and the second is an 8MP (f/2.2) 105° wide-angle. The phone has a 90.48% screen to body ratio.
Regarding the rear camera, these are the four modules that have been integrated by Realme on the back:
- 64-megapixel primary rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor and f/1.8 aperture
- 12-megapixel telephoto lens for 20x hybrid zoom (f/2.5).
- 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens (f/2.3).
- 2-megapixel camera macro lens (f/2.4).
The smartphone is also capable of recording videos in 4K at 30 FPS or in Full HD at 60 FPS.
Realme new device
As we have seen, the Realme X50 has the Snapdragon 765G chip. A feature that allows it to be compatible directly with 5G SA and 5G NSA sub-6GHz without having to take advantage of an external 5G modem. To this chip, Realme associated 6, 8 or 12 GB of RAM and 128 or 256 GB of storage depending on the versions. For the battery, the Chinese manufacturer has chosen a 4200 mAh unit compatible with 30W fast charging. Theoretically, the Realme X50 5G should recover 70% of the battery in 30 minutes. There is no wireless charge.
The fingerprint reader is positioned, like the Honor 20 and 20 Pro for example, on the side. You can integrate two nano-SIM cards, but unfortunately, you cannot expand the storage. It features 8mm liquid-cooled copper pipe 3.0 for improved heat dissipation. The phone has a 3D glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and features Dolby Atmos and Hi-Res audio certification, but it doesn’t have a 3.5mm audio jack.
The company has also introduced the X50 5G Master Edition created by renowned Japanese designer Naoto Fukasawa in Black and Gold versions inpired by Points and Lines. This uses Classic indium plating process to achieve dynamic refractive metallic luster. The finishing process sculpts nano-scale concentric circles and parallel lines of metal texture, giving metal and glass a unique mix and match style.
The realme X50 5G comes in Polar White and Glacier Blue colors and will roll out starting from January 14th in China.
Regarding the pricing, the first variant with 8/128 GB is offered at 2,499 yuan, or about $360. The second, in 6/256 GB, at 2699 yuan, or $390. Finally, the last offers 12/256 GB for 2999 yuan, or $430. Regarding the realme X50 12GB + 256GB Master Edition, it will cost you 3099 yuan, or $446 approx. For the moment, no announcement has been made regarding the potential release of the smartphone in the global markets.
Realme X50 5G specifications
- 6.57-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10 with realme UI
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, UIS stabilization, 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.5 aperture for up to 20x hybrid zoom, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 2MP 4cm macro lens with f/2.4 aperture, 960fps slow-motion
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 8MP 105 ° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, 1216 Linear Speaker, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio certification
- Dimensions: 163.8×75.8×8.9mm; Weight: 202g
- 5G SA/ NSA (Optional) / Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) (K30 5G), GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4200mAh (Typical) / 4100mAh (Minimum) battery with 30W VOOC 4.0 flash charge