Devices with Android One should receive regular and rapid updates compared to other smartphones that use a modified version of Android. However, this is not the case with some Android One devices such as the Xiaomi Mi A3.
The Xiaomi Mi A3 was launched in July 2019, before Android 10 was officially launched. Four months have passed since the launch of Android 10 and some smartphones with Android stock such as the Essential PH-1 have already been updated to Android 10. Users of the Xiaomi Mi A3 are still waiting.
Android 10 for the Xiaomi Mi A3
The update was expected to arrive in October but it was not. The same happened in November and December. The owners of the Mi A3 are not very happy with the way in which events are unfolding and have opened a petition on Change.org, trusting that Xiaomi will launch the update to Android 10.
A few days ago, a user asked the official support of Xiaomi India when the update will arrive and the answer was that they are working on it and that “it will be deployed soon.”
This delay is not favoring the brand, as many users are unhappy with the lack of updating. Since the Mi A3 has not yet received Android 10, the owners of the Mi A2 will still have to wait longer.
Gizchina News of the week
Xiaomi Mi A3 specifications
- 6.08-inch (1560 x 720 pixels) HD+ Super AMOLED display with 102.7% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) under Android One
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 156.48×71.85×8.47mm; Weight: 173.8g
- Splashproof (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4030mAh (typical) / 3940mAh (minimum) battery with 18W Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging