Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, recently released the Xiaomi Mi 10 series. The Xiaomi Mi 10 held its first official sales on February 14th and it sold out in 60 seconds. Similarly, the Mi 10 Pro hit the shelves today but only for 55 seconds. The total sales of both smartphones collectively exceed 400 million yuan ($57.1 million). This shows that the Mi 10 series is quite popular. However, it may soon run out of stock.
Pan Jiutang, a partner of Xiaomi investment department, said…”The supply chain of these products should mainly be driven out before the Spring Festival. Due to the delay of resumption of work, the subsequent supply may have a short period of time…”
This implies that after the current stock runs out, users may have to wait for a while. This is basically because the production factory is locked due to the Coronavirus situation. According to Xiaomi’s CEO, Lei Jun, the production capacity of the Mi 10 series is sufficient. However, he also noted that the resumption of factory operations in February has been delayed, and supplies will be tight in the next week or two.
According to Xiaomi’s president, Lin Bin, he is “calling the supply factory every day to urge production capacity day and night.”
For now, the Xiaomi Mi 10 will be on sale again on February 21st. As for the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro, there is no official date for its second sale.
Xiaomi Mi 10 / Mi 10 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate, 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.0 storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.0 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, OIS, 8P lens LED flash, 12MP 1/2.6-inch 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 8MP telephoto lens for 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, 5x optical zoom, OIS, 20MP 117° (13MP 123° in Mi 10) ultra-wide angle lens, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, 1216 1.0cc speaker
- Dimensions: 162.6×74.8×8.96mm; Weight: 208g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- Mi 10— 4780mAh (Typical) / 4680mAh (Minimum) battery with 30W QC 4+ / PD3.0 wired and wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
- Mi 10 Pro — 4500mAh (Typical) / 4400mAh (Minimum) battery with 50W QC 4+ / PD3.0 wired, 30W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging