Oppo has launched its Oppo Watch smartwatch officially. The new smartwatch from the Asian company has a design seriously inspired by the Apple Watch but with features that you will like. Mainly its operating system.
If you are an Apple user you don’t have a lot of headaches when choosing the best smartwatch for your wrist. The Apple Watch offers unparalleled quality. However, if you are an Android user, things are not quite like that.
Asian companies typically shy away from Google’s operating system for smartwatches due to their autonomy problem. However, it appears that Oppo has managed to find a solution to the problem.
Oppo Watch has a battery for 40 hours of use. That is, use for one day should not be a problem. That’s something that tormented users in the first smartwatches with WearOS.
The watch have eSIM support for 4G and native calling, thanks to speakers and microphone. It also features NFC support for payment and uses Snapdragon 2500 & Apollo 3 dual processors.
In intelligent mode, 46mm model with 430mAh battery can be used for 40 hours on a single charge and in the long battery life mode, the battery life is up to 21 days. With Watch VOOC flash charge technology, the battery can be charged from 1% to 50% in 17 minutes.
OPPO Watch specifications
- 1.6-inch (320 x 360 pixels) (41mm) AMOLED screen / 1.91-inch (402 x 476 pixels) (46mm) curved AMOLED screen
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 2500 & Apollo 3 processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB storage
- 3-axis accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Barometric pressure sensor, Optical heart rate sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Tracking indoor and outdoor running, outdoor walking, outdoor cycling, swimming ad more
- ColorOS Watch, compatible with Android 6.0 and above
- Water resistant (5ATM 46mm / 3ATM 41mm)
- 4G via eSIM, WiFi 802.11n 2.4GHz, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, built-in GPS, NFC for payments
- 300mAh battery for 41mm with 20 hours of usage, 14 days in long battery mode
- 430mAh battery for 46mm with 40 hours of usage, 21 days in long battery mode
Oppo and OnePlus are part of the same company, BBK Eletronics, and it is no longer the first time that Oppo “lends” a design to OnePlus.
This happened with the OnePlus 5, 5T or even OnePlus 6. Therefore, it is plausible to imagine that if OnePlus makes a smartwatch it can focus a lot on this new Oppo Watch.
Price and availability
The OPPO Watch 41mm version in elegant black, rose gold and fog silver colors is priced at 1499 yuan ($216), 46mm aluminum alloy version in Black and rose gold is priced at 1999 yuan ($288) and the 46mm stainless steel version that uses the stainless steel case and ceramic bottom, sapphire glass and with leather band imported from Italy is priced at 2499 yuan ($360).