Microsoft just announced all the specifications of the Xbox Series X. The new game console comes with a 1TB custom NVMe SSD, and the game loading speed significantly improves. According to a recent video, the Xbox Series X loads much faster than the Xbox One X. The comparison uses the came “State of Decay 2” and we observed the following
- Xbox Series X starts to load after 13 seconds
- After 11 seconds, the Xbox Series X has finished loading.
- It took another 40 seconds for the Xbox One X to finish loading.
The new SSD support will also allow Xbox Series X users to resume the game immediately, and quickly return to the game even after restarting because the game state can be directly saved to the system’s SSD. It can even be recovered after a few weeks.
Gizchina News of the week
HERE ARE THE FULL SPECIFICATIONS OF THE MICROSOFT XBOX SERIES X:
- CPU: 8 cores @ 3.8 GHz (3.66 GHz under Hyper-Threading)
- GPU: 12 TFLOPS, 52CU @ 1.825 GHz
- Die size: 360.45 mm 2
- CPU Build Process: 7nm enhanced version process
- Memory / video memory: 16GB GDDR6
- Bandwidth: 10GB @ 560GB / s, 6GB @ 336GB / s
- Storage: 1TB custom NVME SSD
- I / O throughput: 2.4 GB / s (Raw), 4.8 GB / s (compressed)
- Expandable storage: 1 TB expansion card
- External storage: USB 3.2 external hard disk support
- Optical Drive: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Drive
- Performance target: 4K @ 60 frames / second, up to 120 frames / second
- Dimension: 15.1 cm x 15.1 cm x 30.1 cm
- Weight: 4.45kg/9.8lbs
- Total Volume: 6.86 litres
- Ports: HDMI 2.1 output, 3x USB 3.2, networking port, expandable storage slot, power input
The company did not only announce the hardware of this device, it also revealed the exact size. The Xbox Series X has a dimension of 151 mm x 151 mm x 301 mm. With this dimension, the Xbox Series X is larger and heavier than the Xbox One X. Furthermore, this device also comes with a whisper-quiet fan that ensures that your game will not be a disturbance. In addition, the parallel cooling architecture divides the airflow into multiples to ensure that your host does not overheat.