Microsoft recently announced all the specifications of the Xbox Series X. The new game console comes with a 1TB custom NVMe SSD, and the game loading speed significantly improves. According to a recent video, the Xbox Series X comes with an amazing quick resume when switching from one game to another.
In the demo video, players switch between several games such as “State of Decay 2”, “Forza Motorsport 7”, “Ori and the Blind Forest”, “The Cave” and “HellBlade”. Each switch takes about 5 – 6 seconds. In addition, switching games does not end the previous game. You can continue the previous game exactly where you left off.
HERE ARE THE FULL SPECIFICATIONS OF THE MICROSOFT XBOX SERIES X:
- CPU: 8 cores @ 3.8 GHz (3.66 GHz under Hyper-Threading)
- GPU: 12 TFLOPS, 52CU @ 1.825 GHz
- Die size: 360.45 mm 2
- CPU Build Process: 7nm enhanced version process
- Memory / video memory: 16GB GDDR6
- Bandwidth: 10GB @ 560GB / s, 6GB @ 336GB / s
- Storage: 1TB custom NVME SSD
- I / O throughput: 2.4 GB / s (Raw), 4.8 GB / s (compressed)
- Expandable storage: 1 TB expansion card
- External storage: USB 3.2 external hard disk support
- Optical Drive: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Drive
- Performance target: 4K @ 60 frames / second, up to 120 frames / second
- Dimension: 15.1 cm x 15.1 cm x 30.1 cm
- Weight: 4.45kg/9.8lbs
- Total Volume: 6.86 litres
- Ports: HDMI 2.1 output, 3x USB 3.2, networking port, expandable storage slot, power input
The company did not only announce the hardware of this device, it also revealed the exact size. The Xbox Series X has a dimension of 151 mm x 151 mm x 301 mm. With this dimension, the Xbox Series X is larger and heavier than the Xbox One X. Furthermore, this device also comes with a whisper-quiet fan that ensures that your game will not be a disturbance. In addition, the parallel cooling architecture divides the airflow into multiples to ensure that your host does not overheat.
What do you think about the Xbox Series X? Does this gaming console meet up with your expectations? Let us know what you think about this console in the comment section below