Xin Guobin, deputy minister of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, said at a press conference today that at present, the recovery rate of steel and electronics industries exceeds 90%, and textile, machinery, light industry, etc. are between 70-90 %. In terms of high and new technology, the output growth rate of consumer upgrade products such as smartwatches and smart bracelets, as well as high-tech products such as semiconductor discrete devices, has continued to increase against the trend. 5G smartphone sales prove this.
As of March 26, there were 76 5G smartphone products in China. The cumulative shipments exceeding 26 million units, of which more than 13 million units were shipped in 2020. (We have had also reported about 13 million shipped units in 2019.)
Compare this with the US data
Apart from this, Xin Guobin said that the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology will:
- Actively expand effective demand,
- Stabilize traditional consumption such as automobiles, light textiles, and home appliances,
- Cultivate consumer health hotspots such as smart and healthy pensions and green products,
- Support the development of new business models such as telemedicine and online education,
- Speed up the construction of key projects and follow up on the landing of major projects,
- Accelerate the construction of new infrastructures such as 5G networks and data centers.
So it turns out while the whole world is suffering from the new coronavirus epidemic, China has overcome the hardest times and is already working on development. In fact, Chinese smartphone makers have launched many 5G smartphone products, and this list is going to expand in the nearest future.