Just over a month back, Apple launched the much awaited iPhone SE 2020. The smartphone is part of Apple’s more affordable “SE” lineup with the goal of bringing top notch performance while lowering the entry price.
iPhone SE 2020 shows underwhelming AnTuTu score
Now, according to the latest results coming from the renown benchmark platform AnTuTu, the price might not be the only thing that was reduced. AnTuTu did indeed release the score for the latest iPhone SE 2020 and it does not look that promising.
As we can see in the image above, the smartphone managed to achieve a total of 492166 points; which does sound like a lot but it really isn’t when compared to other Apple A13 Bionic chip equipped iPhones.
This other image does in fact show the AnTuTu scores of a bunch of Apple devices, ranging from 443k to 747k. But let’s only take into consideration the ones powered by the A3 Bionic; the iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPhone 11. These three handsets all scored above 517k points on AnTuTu, while – as we just saw – the iPhone SE 2020 only scored 492k.
As a matter of fact, the newest iPhone scored very similar to the iPad Air 3 boasting the older A12 Bionic chip. How’s that possible? Well, according to GSMArena, the iPhone SE 2020 might be running the A13 Bionic but at a lower clock; thus the worse results.
Which begs the question: why would Apple lower the clock on their device? May that have anything to do with the extremely small battery we find on the device? While we wait for Apple’s official answer – if there’s ever going to be one – let’s go with this latest hypothesis.
Apple iPhone SE2020 Full Specifications
- 4.7-inch (1334 x 750 pixels) IPS 326 ppi display, 1400:1 contrast ratio, 625 cd/m2 max brightness
- Six-core A13 Bionic 64-bit processor, 8-core Neural Engine
- 64GB, 128GB and 256GB storage options
- iOS 13
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) camera, optical image stabilization. With True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- TouchID Fingerprint sensor
- Built‑in stereo speaker
- Dimensions: 138.4x 67.3×7.3mm; Weight:148g
- Gigabit-class 4G LTE up to 1.6Gbps, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion 1821mAh battery with Up to 13 hours video playback. With Qi wireless charging, 18W fast charging (5w charger in the box)