Available for a few weeks now, the new Samsung Galaxy S20 range seems to have a hard time convincing its audience, partly due to the coronavirus epidemic which is lowering sales, but also to some technical concerns (in addition to a relatively high price, especially for the Galaxy S20 Ultra). Recently, it is a big concern of autofocus which was pointed out by some users, in addition to WiFi and overheating problems.
In recent days, there is another concern, more surprising, which seems to hit some copies of Galaxy S20. Indeed, the Samsung forums list several messages concerning a malfunction of the main camera. Indeed, some owners of Galaxy S20 Ultra complain about cracks on the glass of the rear camera.
Galaxy S20 camera glass breaks all alone?
At present, impossible to know the origin of the problem, the fact remains that the various victims maintain that their smartphone has not suffered the slightest shock, and has not been the victim of the slightest fall. In all likelihood, the glass behind which the various photosensors of the smartphone are housed would, therefore, have broken, by itself.
Some explain that the problem manifests itself in the form of a slight crack, which distorts the performance of the sensors. For others, the glass broke … On the side of Samsung, it is obviously explained that this kind of damage is not covered by the warranty, and users, therefore, have no choice but to perform a paid repair at $100 for holders of a Premium Care warranty, and $400 for others.
Many users are now theorizing that this is a real design flaw, and some are even asking Samsung to issue an official recall. It remains to be seen now if this concerns only rare users, or if the latter will spread more widely. We will have to wait for further developments.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S20 ULTRA SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.9-inch Quad HD+ (3200 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED 2X
Infinity-O Display, HDR10+, 511 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform. With Adreno 650 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB storage (UFS 3.0) / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB storage (UFS 3.0), expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI 2.0
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 108MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS. 48MP Telephoto lens with 24° FoV, f/3.5 aperture, PDAF, OIS, Hybrid Optic Zoom 10X, Super Resolution Zoom up to 100X. 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, Depth Vision camera
- 40MP front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor
- Dimensions: 166.9 x 76.0 x 8.8mm; Weight: 220g (222g for 5G)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 5000mAh battery with 45W fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, Wireless PowerShare