Meizu 17 series has recently officially presented along with the Flyme 8.1 firmware based on Android 10. The new firmware has received a number of improvements, including the new OneMind 4.0 AI engine.
During the event, it became known that ten other Meizu devices will receive the new software right away. Among them are not only the flagship Meizu 16, Meizu 16 Plus, Meizu 16s, Meizu 16s Pro and Meizu 16T, but also representatives of other segments, in particular, Meizu 16X, Meizu 16Xs, Meizu Note 8, Meizu Note 9 and Meizu X8. The timing of the release is still unknown but the company urges to monitor messages on social networks.
Yesterday, the Meizu 17 and 17 Pro was officially uncovered. This is Meizu’s first 5G flagships. They use the Snapdragon 865 5G platform, supports mSmart 5G, the third generation of full screen with a 90Hz refresh rate, a 64MP quad-camera and many more.
The Meizu 17 series runs Flyme 8.1 system. The latter comes more than 300 improvements and optimizations and brings new features such as small window mode 2.1 and it further improves the dark mode and intelligent voice assistant Aicy.
Meizu 17 and 17 Pro specifications
- 6.6-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate, 1100nit (peak) / 700nit (Typ) brightness, 2000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 17 – 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 17 Pro – 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Flyme 8.1 based on Android 10
- 17 – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, 6 LED ring flash, 8MP Samsung 4H7 118° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 12MP depth of field lens with Sony IMX362 sensor with f/1.9 aperture, 5MP macro sensor with Samsung 5E9 sensor, f/1.9 aperture
- 17 Pro – 64MP rear camera with 1/1.7″ Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, 6 LED ring flash, 32MP Sony IMX616 129° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 3cm macro, 8MP OV08A10 telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture for 3x zoom, 3MP Samsung S5K33D ToF sensor with f/1.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual ultra linear speakers
- Dimensions: 160 x 77.2 x 8.5 mm; Weight: 199g / 219g (17 Pro)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 30W Super mCharge fast charging, 27W wireless fast charging for 17 Pro