The OnePlus 8 Pro has a camera sensor with a special color filter creating an inverted color effect. It is also able to see through transparent infrared materials.
Primarily intended for landscape and greenery photos, the sensor gives a special character to shots without going through a software filter.
It also appears that this sensor makes it possible to see through transparent infrared plastic materials, in the same way as infrared sensors of cameras and camcorders (for night vision, for example).
OnePlus 8 Pro camera is able to see through clothes and some plastics
Whoa – OnePlus 8 Pro's "color filter" camera can see through some plastics that don't have IR shielding. Thanks to @BenGeskin for the idea! 👀 pic.twitter.com/w6DQHd9eNS
— Marques Brownlee (@MKBHD) May 13, 2020
Over the last few hours, social networks have been flooded with photographs that show how this camera is able to see through some objects, including clothes and some fine plastic. The camera is also capable of “seeing” through some types of fabric, and therefore it is possible to take a look at what is under the clothes to a certain extent.
One of the best examples 🤯#OnePlus8Pro Color Filter Camera can see through some plastic pic.twitter.com/UkaxdyV6yP
— Ben Geskin (@BenGeskin) May 13, 2020
This gives rise to the possibility of taking funny photos allowing to see the entrails of certain devices like joysticks or remote controls, like if it is passed to X-rays.
Gizchina News of the week
This is due to the fact that the special camera sensor of the OnePlus 8 Pro does not have the usual filter of conventional photo modules stopping infrared radiation. The story does not say if OnePlus had anticipated this effect (it is not mentioned in its communication) but this can give rise to funny or amazing shots. It’s another way of seeing the world.
ONEPLUS 8 PRO SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.78-inch (3168 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 120Hz 19.8:9 Fluid AMOLED display with up 1,300 nits brightness, 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.0) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 10 with OxygenOS 10.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX689 sensor, f/1.78 aperture, LED Flash, 0.8μm pixel size, OIS + EIS Hybrid stabilization, Dual Native ISO, 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with 119.7° ultra-wide lens and f/2.2 aperture, 8MP telephoto sensor with f/2.44 aperture, 3x hybrid zoom and 30x Digital Zoom, OIS, 5MP color filter camera with f/2.4 aperture, 4K video at 60 fps, 720p slow motion at 480fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.45 aperture, EIS
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Audio 3D, Audio Zoom, OZO Audio
- Water-resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 165.3×74.35×8.5 mm; Weight: 199g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4510mAh battery with Warp Charge 30T Fast Charging (5V/6A), 30W Wireless fast charging, Wireless reverse charging