Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, has been doing quite well in the smartphone market. Its Redmi sub-brand is following in its footsteps and has not been a disappointment so far. Since the independence of Redmi, it has dedicated its digital series for budget devices. The Redmi 9 is already official and the most interesting aspect of this smartphone is its price tag. Though an entry-level device, this phone comes with a 799 yuan ($113) starting price which is quite amazing. This morning, Redmi officially announced that the Redmi 9 will start the first sale of new products on June 30.
This smartphone comes with a huge 5020 mAh battery which supports 18W fast charge. The Redmi 9 uses a 6.53-inch LCD waterdrop screen with a 19.5:9 screen ratio and a resolution of 2340×1080. There are four color schemes including lotus powder, black ink, carbon black, and neon blue.
In terms of configuration, Redmi 9 uses a MediaTek Helio G80 chip, which upgrades the AI full-scene four-shot camera. In addition to the ultra-clear main camera sensor, it also comes with ultra-wide-angle lenses, portrait depth of field lenses, and macro lenses. This smartphone also supports dual-band Wi-Fi. In addition, Redmi 9 also boasts of a MediaTek HyperEngine game engine optimized for games. This feature can reallocate CPU, GPU, and memory resources according to game scenarios.
Gizchina News of the week
In terms of price, the 4GB+64GB version of the Redmi 9 phone will sell for 799 yuan ($113). However, the 4GB+128GB version as well as the 6GB+128GB will go for 999 yuan ($141) and 1,199 yuan ($169) respectively.
Redmi 9 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G80 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 1000MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 3GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) / 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11, upgradable to MIUI 12
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 5MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 0.7cc ultra-linear speakers with sonic dust removal
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 163.32 x 77.01 x 9.1 mm; Weight: 198g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC (Optional), USB Type-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging