Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, has been doing quite well in the smartphone market. Its Redmi sub-brand is following in its footsteps and has not been a disappointment so far. Since the independence of Redmi, it has dedicated its digital series for budget devices. The Redmi 9 is already official and the most interesting aspect of this smartphone is its price tag. Though an entry-level device, this phone comes with a 799 yuan ($113) starting price which is quite amazing. This morning, Redmi officially announced that the Redmi 9 will start the first sale of new products on June 30.
This smartphone comes with a huge 5020 mAh battery which supports 18W fast charge. The Redmi 9 uses a 6.53-inch LCD waterdrop screen with a 19.5:9 screen ratio and a resolution of 2340×1080. There are four color schemes including lotus powder, black ink, carbon black, and neon blue.
In terms of configuration, Redmi 9 uses a MediaTek Helio G80 chip, which upgrades the AI full-scene four-shot camera. In addition to the ultra-clear main camera sensor, it also comes with ultra-wide-angle lenses, portrait depth of field lenses, and macro lenses. This smartphone also supports dual-band Wi-Fi. In addition, Redmi 9 also boasts of a MediaTek HyperEngine game engine optimized for games. This feature can reallocate CPU, GPU, and memory resources according to game scenarios.
In terms of price, the 4GB+64GB version of the Redmi 9 phone will sell for 799 yuan ($113). However, the 4GB+128GB version as well as the 6GB+128GB will go for 999 yuan ($141) and 1,199 yuan ($169) respectively.
Redmi 9 specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G80 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 1000MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 3GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) / 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 11, upgradable to MIUI 12
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 5MP 4cm macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 0.7cc ultra-linear speakers with sonic dust removal
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 163.32 x 77.01 x 9.1 mm; Weight: 198g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC (Optional), USB Type-C
- 5020mAh battery with 18W fast charging